The Republic of MacSwiney is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its smutty television, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 674 million Irish Republicans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cork. The average income tax rate is 68.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Irish Republican economy, worth 37.1 trillion Punts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Trout Farming. Average income is 55,079 Punts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, a popular saying is "a chicken for every pot and an abortion clinic on every street", many junior high school teachers minor in midwifery, and the government has little issue with allowing its citizens to languish in foreign jails. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. MacSwiney's national animal is the Bull, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : MacSwiney was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Santa Torres.
- : MacSwiney was endorsed by The 14th Station of Delegations.
- : MacSwiney was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Bisht.
- : MacSwiney was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Kawany.
- : MacSwiney was endorsed by The Socialist Federal Republic of Agatep.
- : MacSwiney endorsed The People's Republic of Michigan and Illinois.
- : Following new legislation in MacSwiney, the government has little issue with allowing its citizens to languish in foreign jails.
- : Following new legislation in MacSwiney, many junior high school teachers minor in midwifery.
- : MacSwiney endorsed The United States of Lastolana.
- : MacSwiney endorsed The Republic of Somiens-et-Haveras.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Nepacton Murt, Revilluca, Llorens, Sincadenas, Antinios, Ephros, Nangka, Anioniotopia, Soviet Catgirls, Dyl, Syktyvkara, Silverfish37, Fizzopolis, Socialist Columbia, Carolia Aurea, Anarchocommunists of the World, Sylvlakia, Ghillemear, New Volica, Grod Island, Pemasing, New Arkados, Socialist New Britain, Roma Norte, Super Awesome Fun Times, Chapolia Zranzia, Argentigrad, Sword Lesbians, Transcommunist Republics, Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, Picuros, Old Corus, Kaamapoori, NeoXoleria, Socialist Great Picardy, Spmglandia, Vesmeau, Sankara-Lenin Land, Asturies-Llion, Claiomha, Slackertown, Lastolana, Somiens-et-Haveras, Vire Easay, Agatep, Kawany, Bisht, Delegations, and Santa Torres.