|Leader||Premier Mark Williams|
The Socialist Republic of Macere is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Premier Mark Williams with an even hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, compulsory military service, and pith helmet sales. The compassionate population of 4.397 billion Macereans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Victoria. The average income tax rate is 83.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Macerean economy, worth 423 trillion Smis a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is 96,354 Smis, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Foreign casinos have trouble paying fans who bet on the Victoria Bears' triumph against long odds, the nation's Medal of Honour can be found as a free toy in breakfast cereal, the Victoria Film Festival recently voted 'Macerean Getting Hit By Football' as best film, and people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Macere's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Macere was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Macere was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Macere was endorsed by The Syndicalist Federal Republic of Reichinburg.
- : Macere's influence in The Socialist Syndicalist Union rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Macere was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured and Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Following new legislation in Macere, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Macere, the Victoria Film Festival recently voted 'Macerean Getting Hit By Football' as best film.
- : Macere voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Regulating Desalination".
- : Macere voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Apulita".
- : Following new legislation in Macere, the nation's Medal of Honour can be found as a free toy in breakfast cereal.