The Syndicalist Confederation of Lyrakia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Mother Luxembourg with an even hand, and renowned for its infamous sell-swords, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 2.209 billion Lyrakians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lyrak. The average income tax rate is 85.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Lyrakian economy, worth 161 trillion Lyraki Kroner a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly made up of the Tourism industry. Average income is 73,159 Lyraki Kroner, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons, the new coalition government has 99 problems and can't agree on how to fix one, toy versions of heroin paraphernalia let kids pretend to be their favourite TV characters, and it is illegal to have the wrong clock time showing on your microwave oven. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lyrakia's national animal is the Flamingo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Marxism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lyrakia's influence in Confederacy of Layem rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Lyrakia changed its national leader to "Mother Luxembourg".
- : Lyrakia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Lyrakia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Abortion"".
- : Following new legislation in Lyrakia, it is illegal to have the wrong clock time showing on your microwave oven.
- : Following new legislation in Lyrakia, toy versions of heroin paraphernalia let kids pretend to be their favourite TV characters.
- : Following new legislation in Lyrakia, the new coalition government has 99 problems and can't agree on how to fix one.
- : Following new legislation in Lyrakia, citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons.
- : Following new legislation in Lyrakia, when electric cars arrived nobody heard them coming.
- : Lyrakia was endorsed by The Empire of Peanu-Butteria.
Endorsements Received: 24 » Layem, Infidel State, Benderk, Muttartia, New Amria, Charoskania, Swedezterland, Basically Mini America, Stephaniesland, Yatexia, Hualonia, Krataziya, New Harare, Baaas, Eretnid, South Acren, Phillippeland, Vultuca, Lardian kampf, Wastelands of the Scottish deser, Lemon Empire of Voidiar, Jesseastan, Massechusetts, and Peanu-Butteria.