The United Peoples of Lyncanthropia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Peoples Provincial Council with a fair hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles, sprawling nuclear power plants, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 16.067 billion Lyncanthropians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shatu 'N' Ohm. The average income tax rate is 68.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Lyncanthropian economy, worth 122 trillion lupuses a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 7,632 lupuses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, graffiti graces every city's streets, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance, and citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lyncanthropia's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lyncanthropia's influence in Portugal rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Lyncanthropia's influence in Portugal rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Lyncanthropia's influence in Portugal rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Lyncanthropia's influence in Portugal rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Lyncanthropia relocated from Lazarus to Portugal.
- : Lyncanthropia altered its national flag.
- : Lyncanthropia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Lyncanthropia ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Lyncanthropia's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Lyncanthropia's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".