The Commonwealth of Lykosia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Kalisa Zetalos with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, compulsory gun ownership, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 24.022 billion Lykosians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Iskanderstad. The average income tax rate is 94.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Lykosian economy, worth a remarkable 4,383 trillion Labor Hours a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 182,467 Labor Hours, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Power to the people comes from the barrel of a gun, people can get away with murder these days, sending sick politicians "Get Well Soon" cards is considered bribery, and pandemics are over and done with by the time it takes to pass the nation's stringent border security. Crime is totally unknown. Lykosia's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lykosia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Food Quality and Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Lykosia's influence in Pony Lands rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Lykosia changed its national motto to "Freedom For All Peoples".
- : Lykosia changed its national currency to "Labor Hour".
- : Lykosia's influence in Pony Lands rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Lykosia's influence in Pony Lands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Lykosia's influence in Pony Lands rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Lykosia's influence in Pony Lands rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Lykosia's influence in Pony Lands rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Lykosia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.