The Kingdom of Lux Lumin is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Lucille Lumin with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, digital currency, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 9.633 billion Lux Luminians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ignis Incendium. The average income tax rate is 97.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Lux Luminian economy, worth a remarkable 1,309 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 135,933 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Lux Luminians submit requests for a date in writing with an enclosed RSVP card, hay has been added to school cafeteria menus, blue sky thinkers are reminded that the firmament is actually more of a grey-ish colour, and power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky. Crime is totally unknown. Lux Lumin's national animal is the crow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lux Lumin was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Food Quality.
- : Lux Lumin was endorsed by The Holy Empire of The Divine Twelvefold Sliced Cheese.
- : Following new legislation in Lux Lumin, power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky.
- : Following new legislation in Lux Lumin, blue sky thinkers are reminded that the firmament is actually more of a grey-ish colour.
- : Lux Lumin voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Lux Lumin changed its national animal to "crow".
- : Following new legislation in Lux Lumin, hay has been added to school cafeteria menus.
- : Lux Lumin was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Tassalvia.
- : Lux Lumin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Lux Lumin was endorsed by The Exiled Immortal Empire of Oblitus Terras.