The Community of Lundara is a massive, cultured nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.045 billion Lundarans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pizzaland. The average income tax rate is 75.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Lundaran economy, worth 104 trillion shells a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 34,189 shells, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income, the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds, only rebellious teens who want to look cool and dangerous drink milk in public, and the nation's biggest export is stupidity. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lundara's national animal is the rat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lundara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights and Highest Food Quality.
- : Lundara was endorsed by The Kingdom of Faradova.
- : Lundara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Lundara was endorsed by The Silver Republic of Liberdon.
- : Following new legislation in Lundara, the nation's biggest export is stupidity.
- : Following new legislation in Lundara, only rebellious teens who want to look cool and dangerous drink milk in public.
- : Following new legislation in Lundara, the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds.
- : Following new legislation in Lundara, traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income.
- : Following new legislation in Lundara, fashion models are guaranteed to be 100% genuinely as anorexic as they appear on magazine covers.
- : Lundara was endorsed by The United Nations of Eppur.
Endorsements Received: 36 » Free Land of Rebellium, Northern Nivaria, Medetas, Evertopia, Dustwind, Vivolkha, Ascended Union, Anisopterra, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, The Republic of Osea, Ignis Cinere, Marxist Germany, Blogotopia, Wysrod, Namakan, Valentian Elysium, Ner Epiand, Maconshinbernititte, Ardelenia, The Galactic American Imperium, S Mova Derat, Nea Komnenia, Megistos, United States of Island land, Pianaville, Krystalveil, Wischland, Killettland, Silvedania, Alemputo, The Indian Royalty, Dorab, Eppur, Liberdon, and Faradova.