The Empire of Lugmeltistan is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Lugard Melton with an even hand, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, compulsory military service, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 9.024 billion Lugmeltistanians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lugmelt City. The average income tax rate is 98.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Lugmeltistanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,368 trillion Ardonics a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 151,634 Ardonics, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Lugmeltistan's radio stations, being impolite in public is punishable by heavy fines, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams, and extreme political groups are outlawed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lugmeltistan's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lugmeltistan was endorsed by The Village Republic of Temmi.
- : Lugmeltistan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Lugmeltistan was endorsed by The Free Land of Arclandia.
- : Lugmeltistan was endorsed by The Heart of The United Syrian States.
- : Lugmeltistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Following new legislation in Lugmeltistan, extreme political groups are outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Lugmeltistan, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams.
- : Following new legislation in Lugmeltistan, being impolite in public is punishable by heavy fines.
- : Following new legislation in Lugmeltistan, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Lugmeltistan's radio stations.
- : Following new legislation in Lugmeltistan, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked.
Endorsements Received: 49 » New Rogernomics, Treadwellia, The Sigometh Dynasty, Denado, NoDrugCrimeTown, Lazarene Ryccia, Custadia, Guiness Freaks, Burning Pants, Caybow, Arkanik, Snoodum, Rommanda, Axixic, Steel Vagabonds, Xracona, Bobs raider puppet, Roboponainia, The Salvation States, Cossack Peoples, Glorious Society, Shaunborough, Aigania, Aegis-5, Surd, Thetraxia, Perchan, Nargorthia, The New California Republic, Auralon, Aaecilia, Darcaethir, Northern Rosary Isles, Leonism, Issrak-om, Grand Place, The Islands of Colwell, TypoTech, Capercom, Inceptio, Courlany, Treat-Seeking Missiles, Mzeusia, Aguaria Major, Domais, Debussy, The United Syrian States, Arclandia, and Temmi.