The Socialist Cobra Empire of Ludani is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Cobra Commander with an even hand, and renowned for its closed borders, triple-decker prams, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 2.422 billion Ludanians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of FairHaven. The average income tax rate is 35.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ludanian economy, worth 309 trillion Canadian Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, Uranium Mining, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 127,991 Canadian Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
There is a growing belief that mothers love their children more than fathers, people are bored of easy crossword puzzles, doctors with dyed hair inform patients via video-link that they must not go against nature, and the Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause. Crime is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ludani's national animal is the Cobra, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Cobra Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ludani's influence in Thalassia rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Ludani's influence in Thalassia rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Ludani was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Ignorant Citizens.
- : Ludani's influence in Thalassia rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Ludani applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Ludani lodged a message on the Thalassia Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Ludani, the Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause.
- : Ludani changed its national motto to "Die For The Socialist State" and its nation type to "Socialist Cobra Empire".
- : Following new legislation in Ludani, doctors with dyed hair inform patients via video-link that they must not go against nature.
- : Following new legislation in Ludani, people are bored of easy crossword puzzles.