The Free Land of Luciferio is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Howard Aquino with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, public floggings, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 1.847 billion Luciferioans enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, liberal government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Industry, with Education also on the agenda, while Welfare and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Buné. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Luciferioan economy, worth 256 trillion Zerzoes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Uranium Mining, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is an impressive 138,860 Zerzoes, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 561,879 per year while the poor average 22,874, a ratio of 24.6 to 1.
Anti-government web sites are springing up, convicted criminals are given free limo rides to jail, a small country is wondering where their capitol building's gold dome went, and sausages are seldomly seen in the supermarket. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Luciferio's national animal is the Ocelot, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Satanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Luciferio, sausages are seldomly seen in the supermarket.
- : Luciferio endorsed The Classless Free Land of Equa Lib.
- : Following new legislation in Luciferio, a small country is wondering where their capitol building's gold dome went.
- : Luciferio was endorsed by The Classless Free Land of Equa Lib.
- : Following new legislation in Luciferio, convicted criminals are given free limo rides to jail.
- : Following new legislation in Luciferio, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Luciferio's influence in Anarchy rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Luciferio voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Following new legislation in Luciferio, photographers have to apply for a license to photograph Howard Aquino.
- : Luciferio was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Capitalizt".