|Leader||Central Planning Unit Y-17a|
The Third Serene Republic of Lothundy is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Central Planning Unit Y-17a with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, rampant corporate plagiarism, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 1.63 billion Lothundics are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Prilyr. The average income tax rate is 93.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lothundyian economy, worth 317 trillion markcoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 194,779 markcoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Acrimonious legal battles result during divorce proceedings, the government offers gay men mildly offensive tips on how to pass as straight, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel, and conspiracy nuts claim that the government is trying to bring about an end to civilisation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lothundy's national animal is the shrike, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lothundy, conspiracy nuts claim that the government is trying to bring about an end to civilisation.
- : Following new legislation in Lothundy, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel.
- : Following new legislation in Lothundy, the government offers gay men mildly offensive tips on how to pass as straight.
- : Following new legislation in Lothundy, acrimonious legal battles result during divorce proceedings.
- : Following new legislation in Lothundy, firebombing politicians' offices has become a common way of expressing dissatisfaction.
- : Following new legislation in Lothundy, the government has spent days debating the merits of a petition calling for a ban on sporks.
- : Lothundy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Epidemic Investigation Act".
- : Following new legislation in Lothundy, there's a hole in the heart of every Lothundyian city.
- : Following new legislation in Lothundy, the government's economic policy can be summed up as "Abort, Retry, Fail?".
- : Lothundy voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Drop Your Pants".
Endorsements Received: 87 » Cro Magnon, Dilber, Mediobogdum, Bhang Bhang Duc, Wickedly evil people, Giovanniland, Fuentana, Fujai, BIteland, Orcatortugs, Wellington Bingbong, Eastern Bahia, Lodiberdade, Hamburg Neo, Weratt, Arvladma, Archonina, Plarland Amex, Westwind, Sensorland, Marina Nova, Constantinopolisia, The Rega, Kisovec, Crazy Waters, The Anti-Social Socialists, Comia Noracon, Liberillia, Professor thomas, Mirchusko, Ferroia, Probablynotverygoodistan, Condonohia, Holmani, Atheist States of Philippines, Albyion Kingdom, Shaktirajya, Kittenlicious, New Belia, Dreamers for Hope, DiscGolfLand, Pandaland II, Greg Tucker, Fallgriffin, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Psikuta, Twisted Duality, Av Libertas Vindex, Common Good, IndyCar Racing, and 37 others.Oronia, Glorious Existence, Kalla, Orson Welles, Lynier, Sindria, Nevafornia, Arnic, Greynne, The Undivided, Mathematania, Robbinston, Akshireuya, Kiensu, The divisive isolationists, Volkason, The North American Assembly, Draggy, Escapitania, Bucals Kagotoaion, Nas Crustium, Ocheon, Dowaesk, Athrid HullHund, Santos-Dominius, Isle Royale, Dunahaibhne, Q The Almighty, Svanland, New Caterse, Vlobbania, Folhord, Acerola Orion, Tropical Isles, Zoran, Papercuts and Skittles, and Nagaraningrad.