The Empire of Lothern is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, keen interest in outer space, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate population of 556 million Lothernians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eataine. The average income tax rate is 68.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Lothernian economy, worth 58.1 trillion Ingots a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 104,464 Ingots, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Feeling like a winner comes at a price, country folk are sent to obligatory boarding schools to learn how to be civilized, the weather report is the prisoners' favourite programme, and the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lothern's national animal is the eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lothern, the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused.
- : Following new legislation in Lothern, the weather report is the prisoners' favourite programme.
- : Following new legislation in Lothern, country folk are sent to obligatory boarding schools to learn how to be civilized.
- : Following new legislation in Lothern, feeling like a winner comes at a price.
- : Lothern voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protection of Sexual Assault Victims"".
- : Lothern was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Following new legislation in Lothern, the slowest students feel vaguely targeted by their Mendelian Inheritance coursework.
- : Lothern lodged a message on the Thaecia Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Lothern, the endangered saltwater humpback eagle is only seen in captivity programs.
- : Lothern was endorsed by The W E E D E A T E R of Republic of Aiyland.