The Holy Empire of Lost Luxuria is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and enforced nudity. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 717 million Lost Luxurians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Administration, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lilith. The average income tax rate is 45.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Lost Luxurian economy, worth 40.1 trillion Luxes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 55,945 Luxes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Bizarre-looking creatures called 'Succubusdogs' dominate wildlife preserves, every microwave and toaster is being disassembled and probed by inspectors, birds and children's kites are regularly brought down by anti-aircraft fire, and criminals are thrown to the Succubuses to repay their debt to society. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lost Luxuria's national animal is the Succubus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lost Luxuria was endorsed by The Armed Republic of The United Neo American Union.
- : Lost Luxuria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Lost Luxuria was endorsed by The Office Cowboy of Funkadelia.
- : Lost Luxuria was endorsed by The Republic of Astroa.
- : Lost Luxuria was endorsed by The Production State of Aleister.
- : Lost Luxuria was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Nudest and the Top 10% for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Lost Luxuria was endorsed by The Emerald Republic of Kilkire.
- : Lost Luxuria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Endangered Species Protection"".
- : Lost Luxuria endorsed The TEP Is Best P of Todd McCloud.
- : Lost Luxuria was endorsed by The Marsupial Burner of The Holy Utopian Republic.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Pakitsk, Fedele, A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Bachtendekuppen, Neruch, Socialist Holy American Empire, Roissyland, Tim Stark, VW53Aland, Axdel, Brotherland, Kangarawa, Pulmonaria, Hizuru, Aelitia, Wiranath, Janoobi Jazair, Someseni, Davelands, BearStackof2015, Ravendi, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Todd McCloud, Am Echad, The Holy Utopian Republic, Kilkire, Aleister, Astroa, Funkadelia, and The United Neo American Union.