The Forgotten Nation of Lost heros is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by John Egbert with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, rampant corporate plagiarism, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 11.105 billion Lost herosians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny, corrupt government prioritizes Industry, with Law & Order, Defense, and Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lost City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Lost herosian economy, worth a remarkable 2,087 trillion Grists a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 188,008 Grists, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 701,362 per year while the poor average 35,336, a ratio of 19.8 to 1.
John Egbert's mistress is the belle at many state balls, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction, the Coast Guard is pioneering a quixotic program to train fish, and military funding has been stripped back. Crime is totally unknown. Lost heros's national animal is the Dodo Bird, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lost heros was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Lost heros was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Lost heros's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Lost heros's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Lost heros's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Lost heros was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes and Highest Workforce Participation Rate and the Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Lost heros was refounded in Osiris.
- : Lost heros ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Lost heros was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Zombified and the Top 5% for Most Dead.
- : Lost heros was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Zombies.