The Socialist People's Republic of Lorthar is a huge, genial nation, ruled by President Belarrus with a fair hand, and notable for its soft-spoken computers, state-planned economy, and frequent executions. The compassionate, democratic population of 872 million Lortharians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Healthcare, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Belum. The average income tax rate is 72.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lortharian economy, worth 126 trillion talers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 145,428 talers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads, a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate, and military pilots spend more time scraping feathers off their engines than flying their aircraft. Crime is totally unknown. Lorthar's national animal is the jaguar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lorthar, military pilots spend more time scraping feathers off their engines than flying their aircraft.
- : Following new legislation in Lorthar, a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate.
- : Lorthar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free, Most Rebellious Youth, and Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Lorthar, parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads.
- : Lorthar was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Lorthar endorsed The Loh's Transcendence of Aenglaland.
- : Lorthar was endorsed by The Loh's Transcendence of Aenglaland.
- : Following new legislation in Lorthar, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- : Following new legislation in Lorthar, the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists.
- : Lorthar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Valdr, Notyoutopia, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Pallaith, Great Bights Mum, Tharissus, Shadowrik, Alice Gardens, Siwale, Reannia, Southern Allican, Kaschovia, Sunto, Holy Oranz, Yaorozu, Omicron Persei V111, Sil Dorsett, Frances Francis the First of France, The Utopian Initiative, Malta Comino Gozo, Kwaj, Mercy Land, Enosville, Empire of the Dark Lords of the Sith, Coemgen, Sankami, Ovsterland, General COE, Kiberio, Bharathvarsh, HMS Unicorn, Unsophisticate, Friently, Rouene, Hong Kong Empire, Moristia, Jenner-Kardash, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, South Grand Mountain, Faxfleet, Cleoskye, Kingdom of Space, Wineclaw, Selfgradatude, Victoriaans Nederlands, Diodone, American MapleStory, Anima Proxa, Kizja, and 15 others.Religioncord, Kobagia, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Marsh Castle, Plembobria, Sheppey, Forunte, Zemnaya Svoboda, Rylam, Zedeya, Prevaland, Eskosya, Hexago, and Aenglaland.