The Community of Lomonosia is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its parental licensing program, free-roaming dinosaurs, and vat-grown people. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 604 million Lomonosians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Law & Order, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Belograd. The average income tax rate is 68.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Lomonosian economy, worth 37.8 trillion Talents a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 62,531 Talents, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is engaging in an agricultural trade war with Maxtopia, internet moderator is one of the most popular jobs among the nation's more socially awkward citizens, Belograd has become the number one destination for urban exploration in Social Technocratic Union, and the derisively named "Morlocks of Moria" futilely demand time in the sun. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lomonosia's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lomonosia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport, Highest Workforce Participation Rate, and Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Lomonosia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Milenion.
- : Following new legislation in Lomonosia, the derisively named "Morlocks of Moria" futilely demand time in the sun.
- : Following new legislation in Lomonosia, Belograd has become the number one destination for urban exploration in Social Technocratic Union.
- : Following new legislation in Lomonosia, internet moderator is one of the most popular jobs among the nation's more socially awkward citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Lomonosia, the government is engaging in an agricultural trade war with Maxtopia.
- : Lomonosia's influence in Social Technocratic Union rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Following new legislation in Lomonosia, crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens.
- : Following new legislation in Lomonosia, tech-mad citizens think that the laser-powered bread-slicer uPhone App is the coolest thing since sliced bread.
- : Following new legislation in Lomonosia, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Antarctic SARNZ, Novocita, Ritanstan, Pax Scio, Wintry North, The Vanguard Fleet, Vierslan, Wess Syna, Fellwieg, United Angeer, Zestria, United States of Technocracy, Karambo, Dune-Aemiliana, Apellidor, USSR of BIG Brother, Wallachinstein, Stratoss, The 2nd Kingdom of Domina, BigSnek, Eastern Sudetenland, Republic of South Africa 2, North Vlanderberg, Confucasland, ExoGeni, and Milenion.