The Federation of Loben is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 1.209 billion Lobenians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Spirituality, Law & Order, and Education are also considered important, while International Aid and Welfare aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11.2%.
The strong Lobenian economy, worth 64.7 trillion Delkins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Gambling. Average income is 53,536 Delkins, with the richest citizens earning 8.9 times as much as the poorest.
Midnight raids drag couples from their homes in the name of decency, sneezing pedestrians are grabbed by alley-lurking doctors, politicians tend to jump ship to whichever party is currently leading in the polls, and park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Loben's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Loben's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Loben altered its national flag.
- : Loben's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Loben was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Loben's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Loben's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Loben's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Loben relocated from Winterfell to The Rejected Realms.
- : Loben was ejected and banned from Winterfell by The Armed Republic of LoudNation1.
- : Loben lodged a message on the Winterfell Regional Message Board.