The People's Republic of Llorens is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by President Elisabeth Harland with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 1.675 billion Llorenians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zexaro. The average income tax rate is 98.6%.
The all-consuming Llorenian economy, worth 229 trillion llorenÁs a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 137,294 llorenÁs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles, the government is funding experimental battery technology while the power grid continues to crumble, citizens select which government department gets their income tax llorenÁs each year, and roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Llorens's national animal is the loquito, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Llorens, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Following new legislation in Llorens, citizens select which government department gets their income tax llorenÁs each year.
- : Llorens voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Arab League"".
- : Llorens's influence in The Leftist Assembly rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Llorens was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Llorens voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Gun Control Act".
- : Following new legislation in Llorens, the government is funding experimental battery technology while the power grid continues to crumble.
- : Following new legislation in Llorens, signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles.
- : Following new legislation in Llorens, prices for nearly everything reach all time highs as business tax breaks are discontinued.
- : Following new legislation in Llorens, the nation faces constant invasions by foreign boy bands.
Endorsements Received: 24 » Morogravia, United Socialist Republics of LAN, Daemynos, Mexican Communists, Halfblakistan, Delusija, Auven, Rathfarnham, Celera, Franckley, Norden-Scotia, Fabillia, Hufrankusa, Sul Americah, Brillnuck, Erydite, Of Lativia, Gleis, The United Canadian Federation, Atealia, British Accia, USSRs, Ian Curtis Land, and Khar Od.