The Seylosian Crown Dependency of Llalta is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Eve Gallaghan with a fair hand, and notable for its teetotalling pirates, lack of airports, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 2.245 billion Llaltese are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of St Christopher. The average income tax rate is 91.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Llaltese economy, worth 140 trillion Llaltese Pounds a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 62,393 Llaltese Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate, exceptionally healthy police officers can sprint after crooks for hours on end, the best way to be heard in politics is to speak softly and carry a big comedy prop, and the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event. Crime is totally unknown. Llalta's national animal is the Seal, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Llalta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Llalta published "Secretr koko" (Account: Culture).
- : Following new legislation in Llalta, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event.
- : Llalta's influence in Eurth rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Llalta's influence in Eurth rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Llalta's influence in Eurth rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Llalta lodged a message on the Eurth Regional Message Board.
- : Llalta relocated from The Rejected Realms to Eurth.
- : Llalta's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Llalta relocated from Europa to The Rejected Realms.