The Empire of Liver Lea is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, sprawling nuclear power plants, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 564 million Liver Leans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Centaur City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 74.9%.
The powerhouse Liver Lean economy, worth 64.5 trillion kronor a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 114,412 kronor, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 346,866 per year while the poor average 29,346, a ratio of 11.8 to 1.
There's nothing more gay than bleeding for your nation, picnickers are lucky if a few wasps are the only animals that trouble them, politicians preface their speeches with a declaration that any resemblance to speeches given by individuals living or dead is purely coincidental, and more sidewalk is dedicated to animals than people. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Liver Lea's national animal is the Centaur, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Liver Lea's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Following new legislation in Liver Lea, more sidewalk is dedicated to animals than people.
- : Following new legislation in Liver Lea, politicians preface their speeches with a declaration that any resemblance to speeches given by individuals living or dead is purely coincidental.
- : Liver Lea relocated from Lazarus to The North Pacific.
- : Liver Lea was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Liver Lea ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Liver Lea was endorsed by The Free Land of Sardona.
- : Liver Lea was endorsed by The Kingdom of The Kingdom Of Wagies.
- : Liver Lea was endorsed by The United Empire of Supreme Leader Hadrian.
- : Liver Lea was endorsed by The Republic of Chips and Guac.