The Kingdom of Literian is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Skydon with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, soft-spoken computers, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.502 billion Literians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of D'Amare. The average income tax rate is 92.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Literianian economy, worth 539 trillion Armonds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 154,074 Armonds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cancer rates amongst the richest in society are inexplicably on the rise, the countryside is shrouded by wind farms, the contraband cigarette trade is lighting up across Literian, and billions are being spent on a new island airport. Crime is totally unknown. Literian's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Literian, billions are being spent on a new island airport.
- : Following new legislation in Literian, the contraband cigarette trade is lighting up across Literian.
- : Following new legislation in Literian, the countryside is shrouded by wind farms.
- : Literian was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Literian, cancer rates amongst the richest in society are inexplicably on the rise.
- : Following new legislation in Literian, citizens are deployed to barren deserts to protect small territorial claims.
- : Literian was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Seprum.
- : Literian was endorsed by The Martial Republic of Ascoobis.
- : Literian was endorsed by The United States of Islan Messh.
- : Literian was cleansed by a Level 5 Invasion Tactical Zombie Elimination Squad from The Dispatch Office of FNR, killing 76 million zombies.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Grand Abaco, Emaha, My Nation, Gufand, Tan Talaba, Sulivannia, People of Nolan, Doctors Orvos, Zedyeg, EileanDonan, Roberdian, Moka Pamplemousses, Joergen, Archargentina, BBoss, Artannia, Linkers Sha, Great Sothos, ZenPenguin, Zuuri, The Egalitarian Dominion of Yutes, Shaizan, Asianite, Gouverne, Tyuleniy, Obets, United State of Ancolia, Northern Celtic Regions, Europan Union, Songateri, Dongerland, The Mikalan Empire, Rennerlands, Minacary, Rosemeir, Chaiyarach, Kastagistan, Azmeland, Kitsunistan, Gullyslanarmaing, Theraia, Waste land zero, Ode Duddis, Champlaina, The Earths people, Thaelle, Alternamerica, Northern Teabag, Whestion, Friendly AnComs, and 13 others.Heaveria, Narvatus, Nohol, Allinburg, Petrosiania, Leshava, Denolia, Laidir, Ceace, Provence Town, YourOnlyOne, Ascoobis, and Seprum.