The Kingdom of Literian is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Skydon with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.53 billion Literians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of D'Amare. The average income tax rate is 92.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Literianian economy, worth 695 trillion Armonds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 153,501 Armonds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Press conferences always end with standing ovations and rapturous applause, people who stay late at the office often come home to find their own funeral being planned, Literian has been greatly criticised for its isolationist policies, and travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs. Crime is totally unknown. Literian's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Literian, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs.
- : Following new legislation in Literian, Literian has been greatly criticised for its isolationist policies.
- : Literian was endorsed by The Republic of Volaire.
- : Literian was endorsed by The Republic of UDNS.
- : Literian was endorsed by The Republic of Unitedes of Brazil.
- : Literian was endorsed by The FNR God-Emperor of Sparsdan.
- : Literian was endorsed by Elura.
- : Literian was endorsed by The Principality of Gottesburg.
- : Following new legislation in Literian, people who stay late at the office often come home to find their own funeral being planned.
- : Literian was endorsed by The Hippie Free for All of Ishankh.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Grand Abaco, Emaha, My Nation, Gufand, Tan Talaba, Sulivannia, Doctors Orvos, EileanDonan, Moka Pamplemousses, Joergen, Archargentina, BBoss, Linkers Sha, Great Sothos, ZenPenguin, Zuuri, Shaizan, Gouverne, Obets, Northern Celtic Regions, Europan Union, Songateri, The Mikalan Empire, Chaiyarach, Kitsunistan, Gullyslanarmaing, Theraia, The Earths people, Narvatus, Nohol, Allinburg, Petrosiania, Denolia, Laidir, Provence Town, YourOnlyOne, Ascoobis, Seprum, Dongerland, United Democratic Night State, Mally Piznoopia, Waste land zero, The Free City of Night City, Da Netherlands, Ishankh, Sparsdan, Unitedes of Brazil, UDNS, and Volaire.