The Holy Empire of Liphia is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, daily referendums, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 448 million Liphians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Liphia City. The average income tax rate is 46.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Liphian economy, worth 36.8 trillion Bitcoins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 82,108 Bitcoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Praying before a battle is a court-martial offence, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate, saying 'Hi Guys' to a mixed gender group of people at work is a fireable offense, and police officers often head to work wearing onesies and fluffy pink bunny-slippers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Liphia's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Liphia, police officers often head to work wearing onesies and fluffy pink bunny-slippers.
- : Liphia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Communist Bloc".
- : Following new legislation in Liphia, saying 'Hi Guys' to a mixed gender group of people at work is a fireable offense.
- : Following new legislation in Liphia, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Liphia was endorsed by The People's Republic of Kariforunia.
- : Following new legislation in Liphia, praying before a battle is a court-martial offence.
- : Following new legislation in Liphia, politicians constantly ring their voters to remind them how good a job they're doing.
- : Following new legislation in Liphia, the Finance Ministry posts hourly updates on where taxpayer money is spent.
- : Liphia endorsed The People's Republic of Kariforunia.
- : Liphia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting the Rights of Labour Unions".
Endorsements Received: 36 » Sylh Alanor, Melenavenia, Tovenia, Junitaki-cho, Ergenstien, Ongmonnif, TLSROA, Elenaraghaenaris, Narwhal, Laisou, Araine, Floofybit, Vandensia, Cadenzana, Chacapoya, Golden gateway, Cidaris, Nerdy Tangent, Ideotopia, Charcuterie, Nottinghaven, Pantala and Pyrrhia, Wankdeed, Tre Bia Land, Typica, Sueloc, Republic of Central Darfur, Imbault, Eurdrea, Ellamaa, Indimu, Turtle Island Coalition, Lower French Gregballs, Vystrania, Refuge Isle, and Kariforunia.