The People's Republic of Lipda is a very large, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, irreverence towards religion, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 142 million Lipdans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 71.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Lipdan economy, worth 4.16 trillion Lire a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Arms Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 29,262 Lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Justice is blinding, drunk drivers are sentenced to death, the government-run newspapers insist that everything is fine, and wood-framed catapults are ready to launch diseased corpses into besieged cities. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lipda's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lipda's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Lipda relocated from Bear Territory to The Rejected Realms.
- : Lipda was ejected and banned from Bear Territory by The Republic of Bear Territory.
- : Lipda's influence in Bear Territory rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Lipda's influence in Bear Territory rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Lipda's influence in Bear Territory rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Following new legislation in Lipda, wood-framed catapults are ready to launch diseased corpses into besieged cities.
- : Following new legislation in Lipda, the government-run newspapers insist that everything is fine.
- : Following new legislation in Lipda, drunk drivers are sentenced to death.
- : Following new legislation in Lipda, justice is blinding.