The Most Serene Republic of Lionia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Madam Smithers with an even hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, anti-smoking policies, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 13.47 billion Liontini enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, liberal government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lionopolis. The average income tax rate is 32.7%.
The large but stagnant Lionic economy, worth 142 trillion Lionian Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 10,599 Lionian Dollars, with the richest citizens earning 5.1 times as much as the poorest.
Consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, large-girthed charity workers assign themselves healthy wages for their work with starving children, a widely accepted trade policy is "tit-for-tat", and national chefs believe that you can eat anything so long as you deep fry it first. Crime is totally unknown. Lionia's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lionia was endorsed by The Spacefaring Warrior Armada of Tethys 13.
- : Lionia was endorsed by The Glorious Technocratic State of Imperium of Josh.
- : Lionia's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Lionia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Lionia's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Lionia was endorsed by The Double Princess of Ghostfox.
- : Lionia's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Lionia's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Lionia was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Lionia applied to join the World Assembly.