|Faith||isn't really known|
The Happily Depressed Hackers of Linux and the X is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Ferris with a fair hand, and renowned for its absence of drug laws, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 24.001 billion Luxians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bunri. The average income tax rate is 98.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Luxian economy, worth a remarkable 7,707 trillion florins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, highly specialized black market in Book Publishing and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 321,135 florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
New funding allows inner city teachers to replace school laptops almost as fast as they get stolen, the nation has returned to more conventional warfare to slaughter its enemies, government bureaucrats shut down teenage yard-raking businesses for being counter-revolutionary, and foreign despots proudly bandstand on Luxian airwaves. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Linux and the X's national animal is the penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is isn't really known.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Linux and the X voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
- : Following new legislation in Linux and the X, foreign despots proudly bandstand on Luxian airwaves.
- : Following new legislation in Linux and the X, government bureaucrats shut down teenage yard-raking businesses for being counter-revolutionary.
- : Following new legislation in Linux and the X, the nation has returned to more conventional warfare to slaughter its enemies.
- : Following new legislation in Linux and the X, new funding allows inner city teachers to replace school laptops almost as fast as they get stolen.
- : Linux and the X voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Woonsocket".
- : Linux and the X lodged a message on the The Transgender Region Regional Message Board.
- : Linux and the X's influence in The Transgender Region rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Linux and the X was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Following new legislation in Linux and the X, cosmopolitan citizens ask what their countries can do for them.
Endorsements Received: None.