The Communist Republic of Linkers Sha is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by Comrade Jeff with an iron fist, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, pith helmet sales, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 898 million Linkers Shans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Linker City. The average income tax rate is 72.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Linkers Shan economy, worth 129 trillion Rs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 143,851 Rs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
High school bands practice by moonlight, the leaders of Linkers Sha are given the nod by their predecessors, the new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass", and sales of trenchcoats are on the rise. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Linkers Sha's national animal is the Komodo Dragon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Linkers Sha, sales of trenchcoats are on the rise.
- : Linkers Sha was endorsed by The Empire of Die Deutschen.
- : Following new legislation in Linkers Sha, the new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass".
- : Linkers Sha lodged a message on the The Free Nations Region Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Linkers Sha, the leaders of Linkers Sha are given the nod by their predecessors.
- : Following new legislation in Linkers Sha, high school bands practice by moonlight.
- : Linkers Sha was endorsed by The Allied Districts of Ode Duddis.
- : Linkers Sha was endorsed by The Community of Drumrum.
- : Linkers Sha was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Nodria.
- : Linkers Sha was endorsed by The State of Joergen.
Endorsements Received: 77 » New Carthagea, Narvatus, BBoss, My Nation, Grand Abaco, Emaha, Underwater Sovereignties, Sparsdan, Moka Pamplemousses, Azharian, Ratakosha, Acceel, Sulivannia, Minas Motus, Himmel Ende, Alphabeth, Gargarian, Ornionam, Lovecraftopolis Puppet, Galali, Tiocfadh, New Lizhou, Doctors Orvos, Cartdrigen, Laidir, Mafacy, Archargentina, Tan Talaba, SIDDHARISTAN, Karsopolis, Artannia, Gufand, Syrisia, Novissima Terra, Ste Franin, The Republic of Awesometopia, Alitani, Rakkene, Uljenph, The Forbidden West, South Asiania, Literian, Hetairaea, The Martelex Islands, Great Sothos, Kouper, Ching Chongnese, United Home Wreckers, EileanDonan, Geohan, and 27 others.Tricastinie, Batdrock, The Free France, Liberty et Justice, The Lord Vader, Glynis, Alternamerica, Crystalydia, Mazum Sherrys, City of Meats, Parenlord, Zedyeg, Ulymein, Shaizan, Wend Valley, Hotak, Rutakia, Kastagistan, Eaux Bleues, Saint Beth Cron Antonia, Phoenician State, Josskaland, Joergen, Nodria, Drumrum, Ode Duddis, and Die Deutschen.