The Free Land of Lindisfarne is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its smutty television, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 14.321 billion Lindisfarneans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare, Environment, and Public Transport also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nittiesborg. The average income tax rate is 76.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Lindisfarnean economy, worth 657 trillion Sols a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 45,933 Sols, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
City workers have declared that rolling markets aren't good for business after all, literally voiceless people are unable to protest when food and water are denied to them, children are disappointed to learn that cavemen never had a yabba-dabba-doo time riding dinosaurs to work, and '.lib' or '.con' domains indicate whether Lindisfarnean websites are meant for liberals or conservatives. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lindisfarne's national animal is the Snow Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lindisfarne's influence in Taijitu rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Lindisfarne's influence in Taijitu rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Lindisfarne's influence in Taijitu rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Lindisfarne was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Lindisfarne's influence in Taijitu rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Lindisfarne relocated from Osiris to Taijitu.
- : Lindisfarne altered its national flag.
- : Lindisfarne was refounded in Osiris.
- : Lindisfarne ceased to exist in Taijitu.
- : Lindisfarne was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.