The Free Land of Lindisfarne is a gargantuan, genial nation, renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, complete lack of prisons, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 13.229 billion Lindisfarneans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Education, although Healthcare, Environment, and Public Transport are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nittiesborg. The average income tax rate is 76.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Lindisfarnean economy, worth 544 trillion Sols a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 41,159 Sols, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Blind dates reemerge as a necessary evil in the quest for love, shopkeepers use microscopes to verify the authenticity of banknotes, foreigners must sell an arm and a leg to afford surgery in Lindisfarne, and city workers have declared that rolling markets aren't good for business after all. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lindisfarne's national animal is the Snow Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lindisfarne, city workers have declared that rolling markets aren't good for business after all.
- : Lindisfarne's influence in Taijitu rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Lindisfarne's influence in Taijitu rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Lindisfarne's influence in Taijitu rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Lindisfarne was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments, the Top 5% for Most Pacifist and Healthiest Citizens, and the Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates and Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Lindisfarne's influence in Taijitu rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Lindisfarne lodged a message on the Taijitu Regional Message Board.
- : Lindisfarne altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Lindisfarne, foreigners must sell an arm and a leg to afford surgery in Lindisfarne.
- : Lindisfarne relocated from Balder to Taijitu.