The Free Land of Lindisfarne is a colossal, genial nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.001 billion Lindisfarneans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Education, although Environment, Public Transport, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nittiesborg. The average income tax rate is 76.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Lindisfarnean economy, worth 375 trillion Sols a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 41,686 Sols, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints, every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead, stoned tourists don't tend to remember much about their holidays here, and the "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Lindisfarneans any less frightened. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lindisfarne's national animal is the Snow Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lindisfarne's influence in Taijitu rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Lindisfarne's influence in Taijitu rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Lindisfarne's influence in Taijitu rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Lindisfarne's influence in Taijitu rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Lindisfarne, the "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Lindisfarneans any less frightened.
- : Following new legislation in Lindisfarne, stoned tourists don't tend to remember much about their holidays here.
- : Lindisfarne altered its national flag.
- : Lindisfarne relocated from Balder to Taijitu.
- : Lindisfarne was refounded in Balder.
- : Lindisfarne ceased to exist in Taijitu.