The Democratic Republic of Lina Camadz is a massive, genial nation, notable for its daily referendums, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.427 billion Lina Camadzians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Welfare, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. The average income tax rate is 64.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Lina Camadzian economy, worth 99.1 trillion lire a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Information Technology, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 69,471 lire, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Major corporations receive tax breaks for no apparent reason, rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century, wars are filled with soldiers wielding machetes and chainsaws for safety reasons, and children fear compulsory visits to their spiritual advisors more than the dentist. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lina Camadz's national animal is the unicorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lina Camadz voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Benevolent Thomas".
- : Lina Camadz voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ensuring Safe Syringe Use".
- : Lina Camadz was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest and Nicest Citizens.
- : Lina Camadz voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Forensics Accord".
- : Lina Camadz was endorsed by The Democratic States of Triunfadores.
- : Lina Camadz was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Lina Camadz endorsed The Principality of Carlia.
- : Lina Camadz voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Data Protection Accord".
- : Lina Camadz was endorsed by The Principality of Carlia.
- : Lina Camadz voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ramaeus".