|Leader||Premier Lily Lockhart|
The Gay Socialist Republic of Liliumtopia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Premier Lily Lockhart with a fair hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, national health service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 10.59 billion Liliumtopians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lilygrad. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Liliumtopian economy, worth a remarkable 2,083 trillion Liliums a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 196,742 Liliums, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The volume of paperwork used to complete a single environmental assessment defeats the purpose, rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, and workers of "fairweather faith" claim six months of paid leave for holy days per year. Crime is totally unknown. Liliumtopia's national animal is the Unicorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Liliumtopia was endorsed by The Socialist People's Republic of Picuros.
- : Following new legislation in Liliumtopia, workers of "fairweather faith" claim six months of paid leave for holy days per year.
- : Following new legislation in Liliumtopia, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- : Following new legislation in Liliumtopia, rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century.
- : Liliumtopia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Food Quality.
- : Liliumtopia was endorsed by The People's Republic of Liknovia.
- : Liliumtopia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of New United Islands.
- : Liliumtopia was endorsed by The People's Republic of Guac-a-mole.
- : Liliumtopia was endorsed by The 天主教的毛主义人民共和国 of The United Kindom under Socialist Rule.
- : Liliumtopia's influence in The Communist Bloc fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
Endorsements Received: 66 » Illeron, Westnesia, Kdogistan, Kethania, Uinted Communist of Africa, Blaist Blaland, Shamian, Wirkungsgrad, Itre, Kitchen Nation, Marxmeans, Russaki, Vulga, Soviet Felines, Stalin Lands, Saint Ignis, New Kletersia, Transbiansylvania, A Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Comancon, Debordan, Phallas, Calusahatchii, Socialist Union of Slavic Republics, Old Mare, The Tarpeian Cliffs, Lorgim Lukka, East Uyghurstan, Gaelium, Ubertas, Karelianastan, Redternetia, Kheshiga, Sipsin, Solveneia, Rothnia, New Astri, Daiamid, Ganjallia, Luftetia, Virgondo, The Steephills, The Tsardom of Muscovy, BurningPhoenix, The Plebeian States, Marrsovia, The Passerine Islands, Radicalania, Tornarghia, and 16 others.Vilouki, Sirijiva, Bibliophilius, Kahira el-Mubaraka, Red nation state, Akasaka Sad, The Greater Tulsa Area, Gedzhiktiridzhistan, Neo Tyranis, Hopolieistan, Turtalia, The United Kindom under Socialist Rule, Guac-a-mole, New United Islands, Liknovia, and Picuros.