The Republic of Light49 is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its zero percent divorce rate, enslaved workforce, and suspicion of poets. The humorless population of 1.632 billion Light49ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 43.2%.
The powerhouse Light49ian economy, worth 143 trillion pesos a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 87,870 pesos, with the richest citizens earning 7.1 times as much as the poorest.
Billions of pesos are being blown on orbital weapons development, stony-faced prosecutors play loud gangster rap music during court proceedings, defense lawyers suggestively note to juries how flagrantly happy victims were, and pet owners must make a payment if their charges leave a deposit. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Light49's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Light49's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Light49 relocated from The Rejected Realms to The North Pacific.
- : Light49's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Light49's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Light49 relocated from Salyshkan Cooperative to The Rejected Realms.
- : Light49 was ejected and banned from Salyshkan Cooperative by The Serene Confederacy of Neuterra.
- : Light49's influence in Salyshkan Cooperative rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Light49's influence in Salyshkan Cooperative rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Light49 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Light49's influence in Salyshkan Cooperative rose from "Zero" to "Squire".