The Starchy Republic of Libterraria is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Potater with a fair hand, and notable for its teetotalling pirates, anti-smoking policies, and prohibition of alcohol. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.641 billion Libterrarians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Healthcare, and Environment are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Potadon. The average income tax rate is 89.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Libterrarian economy, worth 196 trillion Potatoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 119,865 Potatoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens, the government is more interested in identifying problems than fixing them, nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers, and the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas. Crime is totally unknown. Libterraria's national animal is the Potato, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Libterraria was endorsed by The ʇɐǝɹפ qoq of Bobki.
- : Libterraria endorsed The Federal Republic of Hamburg Neo.
- : Libterraria endorsed The Kingdom of Gracelantia.
- : Libterraria endorsed The Holy Crimson n Navy Factory of Aluminum Oxynitride.
- : Following new legislation in Libterraria, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas.
- : Following new legislation in Libterraria, nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers.
- : Following new legislation in Libterraria, the government is more interested in identifying problems than fixing them.
- : Following new legislation in Libterraria, crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens.
- : Following new legislation in Libterraria, traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income.
- : Libterraria was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Hamburg Neo.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Recuecn, Bran Astor, Bhang Bhang Duc, Atheist States of Philippines, Fujai, Paschalia, Pandaland II, Cryland, The Unified Missourtama States, Arnic, Divina Patriae, Dilber, Thessalian, Marshalia, The United Republic of Westend, Greynne, Akshireuya, Psikuta, Tropical Isles, Liberillia, Greg Tucker, Sindria, Wickedly evil people, United States of Northern America, New Belia, Mathematania, Condonohia, Moriari, Cro Magnon, Marina Nova, Fuentana, Sensorland, The Fourth Redoubt, Westwind, Myr Tariniel, Starblazer, Quevilis, Surroosia, San Mazer, Papercuts and Skittles, Gryphonian Alliance, Pi Island, Nieubasria, Kiensu, Zollipsia, Arracrania, The Antarctic Empires, IndyCar Racing, Eienn, Plankstein, and 18 others.Av Libertas Vindex, Durtoss, Hiems, Mercia Regnum, Anuubis, Saransh, Holmani, Kittenlicious, Zoran, Parinan, Pepinooo, Carvell, Troodan, Thevinia, Emark, Giovanniland, Gracelantia, and Hamburg Neo.