The Confederacy of Libraziland is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its smutty television, irreverence towards religion, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 400 million Librazilandians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Neorio. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.3%.
The thriving Librazilandian economy, worth 37.4 trillion Libras a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 93,567 Libras, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 487,764 per year while the poor average 9,672, a ratio of 50.4 to 1.
Treaties are taken to be mere rules of thumb, nervous homeowners have been blamed for rising death rates amongst carol singers and locksmiths, in pet stores nationwide Rattlesnakes are growing in popularity, and the mood of raunchy movies is often ruined by the sound of babies crying. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Libraziland's national animal is the Rattlesnake, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Libraziland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Sterilisation".
- : Following new legislation in Libraziland, the mood of raunchy movies is often ruined by the sound of babies crying.
- : Following new legislation in Libraziland, in pet stores nationwide Rattlesnakes are growing in popularity.
- : Libraziland endorsed The Phoenix Republic of Ignis Cinere.
- : Libraziland was endorsed by The Phoenix Republic of Ignis Cinere.
- : Libraziland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Libraziland lodged a message on the 10000 Islands Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Libraziland, nervous homeowners have been blamed for rising death rates amongst carol singers and locksmiths.
- : Following new legislation in Libraziland, treaties are taken to be mere rules of thumb.
- : Libraziland endorsed The Interstellar Domain of Grahnol.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Kuriko, Coreras, Berzerkastan, The City States Of Las Vegas, Wysrod, Sorya, Aspistania, Zim-topia, Pelanesomunk, New Fania, Nooooooooooooooo, Uprus, Aprait, Optimism and Failure, Sorchamei, Vedrea, Lamborghini Murcielago, ShadowVoltia, Earth Federation, Polka Republic, Grahnol, and Ignis Cinere.