The Republic of Liberum Hibernia is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 299 million Hibernians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dubhlinn. The average income tax rate is 73.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Hibernian economy, worth 14.3 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Cheese Exports. Average income is 47,762 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's taxpayers pay for foreign government's extravagances, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Dubhlinn Times is sold out, teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough, and sections of the police receive paramilitary training. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Liberum Hibernia's national animal is the Gizka, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Liberum Hibernia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Liberum Hibernia was endorsed by The Empire of His Enduring Majesty.
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, sections of the police receive paramilitary training.
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough.
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Dubhlinn Times is sold out.
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, the nation's taxpayers pay for foreign government's extravagances.
- : Liberum Hibernia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Liberum Hibernia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens and Nicest Citizens and the Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process.
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, jabbing a baby's bottle at officials gets parents waved straight through immigration.
Endorsements Received: 173 » Venicea, Koda-Land, Ellbonnia, Shibutani, Territorio di Nessuno, Orado, Alorca, Aerilia, Lol2639, Zzozona, Dangine, Figyjharli, Illusia and Neverendia, Bharathvarsh, Svenskskit, Xagill, Lulubellia, Hamerica, Former English Colony, Yaorozu, Empy, Sil Dorsett, Aeolist, Frances Francis the First of France, The Rhein States, McMasterdonia, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Loutsland, Ethnon, Steampunk Ariel, El Fiji Grande, Francois Isidore, Guer Aike, Wilkshire, Zemnaya Svoboda, Corfad, Xentherida, Kranostav, Great Bights Mum, Dreadton, Veritynista, Omnistria, Bankowiata, Yokciq Empire, Notyoutopia, Sikol, Republica Guilleana, The Pantheons, Kragsgale, Rising Sakura, and 123 others.Aryan Homeland, Hardscrabble, New Lakemba, Italy and Malta, Dar es Saalam, Yellops, Xyrron, New Celoveniortan, Interdimensional Zone, Viridiann, Siwale, Cretox State, Travislavania, Climeria, Tringapore, Mon Island, Hepek, Siforpeo, Votak Matim, Pasargad, Sundred, Selfgradatude, Federal Republic of Genosha, Super Girl, Ravendi, Clan Spaniel, BTProductions, North Bratislava, Valentine Z, Imperial Pieserged, The Tampa Bay Rays, Wineclaw, Planes, Kazoo Basin, Chukstik Illahi, Aidiarnia, Centrialand, Anungu, ForestMythal, Brujstan, Expere Fiyans, BohemiaIV, East Supple Lund, Azzarel, Colonies of Free Temeria, Amadora Oeste, Duryanistan, Canineia, Cornwallis Bay, Cartures, Esplandia, Detrivania, C0RONA, Deseret-Moronia, Brsil, Darkmondoria, Chiho, A Salmon Named Harold, Brandenburg-Ansbach, Dicko, French Bananastan, Religioncord, Tyirza, Antigona, Colfes, Tsandonown, Strongwill, Libertania Democratica, Defense For The World Assembly, Britle, Pallaith, Brucklania, Wapistan, Seanat, Sunto, Capablanca, Shadowrik, Free States of Marina, Atlunartemis, Ootasa, Runeda, East Akra, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Libvillia, Greater Ale Permars, Perikuresu, Ariele, Folenz, Gafflebag, Fraystonia, Merconitonitopia, Boston Castle, Simone Republic, Kastonvia, Madjack, The Mazur Empire, Nodnarb, Joodey, Andanavia, Nikhilesh23, Sopernia, Mitropola, Jaxikistan, Kinitopia, Bearical, Nova Arcania, Drueste, Fizban, Unshleepd, Muqatil, WeKnow, Lionia, Card Kingdom, Que Lukustinardon, Nation1812, Blyskalia, Sahriastan, The Calabash Protectorate, Outer Shenendoah, Galbadiana, Glurponia, Beta Cyndriel, and His Enduring Majesty.