The Federation of Libertalonia is a massive, cultured nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, soft-spoken computers, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 1.2 billion Libertalonians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of new stathiem. The average income tax rate is 28.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Libertalonian economy, worth 78.2 trillion Regals a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 65,150 Regals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Defense lawyers suggestively note to juries how flagrantly happy victims were, high school bands practice by moonlight, the hills are alive with the sound of ringtones, and literature classes frequently go on field trips to rock concerts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Libertalonia's national animal is the Python.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Libertalonia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Libertalonia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Libertalonia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Following new legislation in Libertalonia, literature classes frequently go on field trips to rock concerts.
- : Following new legislation in Libertalonia, the hills are alive with the sound of ringtones.
- : Libertalonia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Libertalonia relocated from Bluecrown Keep to The Rejected Realms.
- : Libertalonia was ejected from Bluecrown Keep by The SocDem of Dominioan.
- : Libertalonia's influence in Bluecrown Keep rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Libertalonia's influence in Bluecrown Keep rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".