The Constitutional Republic of Lhistonia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by President Konagher with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and digital currency. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.384 billion Lhistonians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lhistavia. The average income tax rate is 95.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Lhistonian economy, worth 460 trillion kodeks a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 104,933 kodeks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The fire protection service is wholly government-funded, the acceptance of acupuncture and other alternative therapies has needled the scientific community, criminal rehabilitation takes place in re-education centers, and Bigtopian relations have become a minefield. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lhistonia's national animal is the Fenix, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lhistonia's influence in The Parliamentary Union of Nations rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Following new legislation in Lhistonia, Bigtopian relations have become a minefield.
- : Following new legislation in Lhistonia, criminal rehabilitation takes place in re-education centers.
- : Following new legislation in Lhistonia, the acceptance of acupuncture and other alternative therapies has needled the scientific community.
- : Following new legislation in Lhistonia, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- : Following new legislation in Lhistonia, Bigtopian interference in domestic elections is always democratically sanctioned.
- : Lhistonia was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Lhistonia, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments.
- : Following new legislation in Lhistonia, movement-triggered sensors mean that for every door that closes another one opens.
- : Following new legislation in Lhistonia, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.