The Queendom of Leyarts is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its national health service, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 732 million Leyartsians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eruvia. The average income tax rate is 53.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Leyartsian economy, worth 33.2 trillion Noods a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 45,315 Noods, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, criminal rehabilitation takes place in re-education centers, and elections are won by the candidate who makes the best 'yo mama' jokes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Leyarts's national animal is the Koi fish, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Leyarts was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Leyarts was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Leyarts was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Leyarts endorsed The Cool and Chill Republic of Liberdon.
- : Following new legislation in Leyarts, elections are won by the candidate who makes the best 'yo mama' jokes.
- : Leyarts was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Leyarts, criminal rehabilitation takes place in re-education centers.
- : Following new legislation in Leyarts, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- : Following new legislation in Leyarts, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- : Leyarts was endorsed by The Cool and Chill Republic of Liberdon.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Wysrod, The Soylent Green Party, Valentian Elysium, Northern Nivaria, Ignis Cinere, Anisopterra, Nooooooooooooooo, New Fania, Leprechaun Gold, Chocolate Coookies, Mastodonia, Empire of Red, Achiotopia, St Lennys Island, Better Indonesia, Kachikawawa, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Waitiki, Krystalveil, Namakan, Evertopia, Islands of Czechia, Lisokyo, Bortheria, Marxist Germany, Drewish, HumanSanity, and Liberdon.