|Faith||The Crimson Order|
The Crimson Kingdom of Lewis and Clark is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Westwind with an iron fist, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, rampant corporate plagiarism, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 16.87 billion Lewis and Clarkians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sacagawea. The average income tax rate is 51.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Lewis and Clarkian economy, worth 497 trillion Wooden Nickles a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 29,475 Wooden Nickles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Membership in the state-owned Church of Lewis and Clark is mandatory and all other faith organisations are banned, open-heart surgery is taught in seminaries, Westwind has been self-declared as the Most Supreme Magnificent Overlord of Everything You Ever Saw, and Lewis and Clark has designated Sacagawea as its capital city. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lewis and Clark's national animal is the Last Sasquatch, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Crimson Order.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lewis and Clark's influence in The Watchtower rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Lewis and Clark altered its national flag.
- : Lewis and Clark's influence in The Watchtower rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Lewis and Clark's influence in The Watchtower rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Lewis and Clark's influence in The Watchtower rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Lewis and Clark's influence in The Watchtower rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Lewis and Clark's influence in The Watchtower rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Lewis and Clark's influence in The Watchtower rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Lewis and Clark relocated from The West Pacific to The Watchtower.
- : Lewis and Clark's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".