The Federal Soviet Republics of Letnev is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Chairman Zhukov with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 2.446 billion Letnevians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Turov. The average income tax rate is 90.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Letnevian economy, worth 344 trillion Rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 140,693 Rubles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Worried-looking neonatal nurses are being deployed in place of SWAT teams during dangerous drug busts, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments, troops are either deafened by gunfire or a hysterical voice screaming the Party manifesto, and notable individuals are granted land and titles. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Letnev's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Northern Orthodox.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Letnev lodged a message on the Septentrion Regional Message Board.
- : Letnev was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Letnev was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Letnev was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector and Most Authoritarian.
- : Letnev was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Letnev was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Letnev changed its national leader to "Chairman Zhukov".
- : Letnev changed its national leader to "Slav Jesus".
- : Letnev was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Letnev was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Roskian Federation.