The Federal Soviet Republics of Letnev is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Chairman Zhukov with an iron fist, and renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, frequent executions, and avant-garde cinema. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 3.024 billion Letnevians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Turov. The average income tax rate is 91.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Letnevian economy, worth 437 trillion Rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 144,630 Rubles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Student exchange programs are in trouble as everyone wants to leave but no-one wants to come, major cities are suffering under water rationing, CSI Forest is this year's hit new crime show, and hidden bedroom-cams are installed to catch mothers doing their kids' homework. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Letnev's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Northern Orthodox.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Letnev relocated from Septentrion to New Septentrion.
- : Letnev lodged a message on the Septentrion Regional Message Board.
- : Letnev relocated from New Septentrion to Septentrion.
- : Letnev's influence in New Septentrion fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Letnev proposed constructing embassies between New Septentrion and Atlas.
- : Letnev proposed constructing embassies between New Septentrion and Europa.
- : Letnev proposed constructing embassies between New Septentrion and Ajax.
- : Letnev proposed constructing embassies between New Septentrion and Neu Anterra.
- : Letnev proposed constructing embassies between New Septentrion and Realism and RP.
- : Letnev rejected a request from Lardyland for an embassy with New Septentrion.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Roskian Federation.