The Free Land of Lethem is a gargantuan, efficient nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, rampant corporate plagiarism, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 24.757 billion Lethemians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Lethemian economy, worth a remarkable 3,841 trillion gyanese dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Gambling, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 155,166 gyanese dollars, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,424,165 per year while the poor average 1,772, a ratio of 803 to 1.
Thousands of children die every day from easily curable illnesses, prominent cultural symbols are featured on the backs of cereal boxes, most academic research has ground to a halt, and the explosive fireball of the disintegrating space shuttle has devastated Cape Lethem. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Lethem's national animal is the lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lethem's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Lethem relocated from Osiris to Middle Earth.
- : Lethem's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Lethem was refounded in Osiris.
- : Lethem ceased to exist in Middle Earth.
- : Lethem was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Lethem was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Lethem was struck by a Mk II (Sterilizer) Cure Missile from The People's Republic of Democratic Peeps Republic of Korea ns 2k, curing 1 million infected.
- : Lethem was struck by a Mk II (Sterilizer) Cure Missile from The People's Republic of Democratic Peeps Republic of Korea tsw f, curing 1 million infected.
- : Lethem was struck by a Mk II (Sterilizer) Cure Missile from The People's Republic of Democratic Peeps Republic of Korea lGw, curing 1 million infected.