The Grand Duchy of Lestovonia is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 289 million Lestovonians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Welfare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Selwovyatra. The average income tax rate is 44.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Lestovonian economy, worth 9.83 trillion Coppenhaghts a year, is led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 34,027 Coppenhaghts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Government-run brothels can be found on every street corner, the law says it's okay to sell a bomb to a terrorist so long as they promise not to detonate it, Lestovonia has designated Selwovyatra as its capital city, and devotion to God is only skin-deep. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lestovonia's national animal is the Falcon, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lestovonia was endorsed by The Free Land of Ancient Canines.
- : Lestovonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Topid"".
- : Lestovonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements and the Top 10% for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Lestovonia, devotion to God is only skin-deep.
- : Lestovonia lodged a message on the Caer Sidi Regional Message Board.
- : Lestovonia changed its national capital to "Selwovyatra".
- : Following new legislation in Lestovonia, Lestovonia has designated Selwovyatra as its capital city.
- : Following new legislation in Lestovonia, the law says it's okay to sell a bomb to a terrorist so long as they promise not to detonate it.
- : Following new legislation in Lestovonia, government-run brothels can be found on every street corner.
- : Following new legislation in Lestovonia, the sound of office water cooler chatter has been replaced by the whirring of computer cooling fans.