The Wintry Land of Leratopia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Tsarina Lera with an iron fist, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 3.741 billion Leratopians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Leragrad. The average income tax rate is 74.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Leratopian economy, worth 279 trillion Leratopian rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Trout Farming. Average income is 74,763 Leratopian rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
10-year-olds who struggle with integrating by parts are considered slow learners, funeral directors are frequently looking at their watches during funerals, there's nothing more gay than bleeding for your nation, and older citizens lament over the loss of law and order. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Leratopia's national animal is the scorpion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Leratopia's influence in Happy Utopia rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Leratopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Leratopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Leratopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and Smartest Citizens.
- : Leratopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments and Nicest Citizens and the Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Leratopia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Deruuu".
- : Leratopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : Leratopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Leratopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Leratopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Education, Highest Average Tax Rates, Most Inclusive, and Most Cultured.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Gurkland.