The Democratic States of Leppikania is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Nick with a fair hand, and renowned for its infamous sell-swords, smutty television, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.695 billion Leppiks are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Epissiac. The average income tax rate is 93.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Leppikanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,152 trillion Stars a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 149,730 Stars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's green cities are indeed concrete jungles, hospitals in Leppikania are too busy serving the needs of The Embassy to see Leppiks, would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here", and one does not simply walk into the tundra. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Leppikania's national animal is the pony, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Pastafarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Leppikania's influence in The Embassy rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Leppikania resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Leppikania proposed constructing embassies between The Embassy and The Democratika.
- : Leppikania lodged a message on the The Embassy Regional Message Board.
- : Leppikania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The East Pacific"".
- : Leppikania's influence in The Embassy rose from "Negotiator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Leppikania agreed to construct embassies between The Embassy and Blackout Session.
- : Leppikania's influence in The Embassy rose from "Ambassador" to "Negotiator".
- : Leppikania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Coalition of Fascist Nations".
- : Leppikania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing the Execution of Innocents"".