The Republic of Lemon 29 is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed population of 325 million Lemon 29ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 18.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Lemon 29ian economy, worth 14.2 trillion LEMONS a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 43,601 LEMONS, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lemon 29's national animal is the LEMON, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lemon 29's influence in The apartment block rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Lemon 29 agreed to construct embassies between The apartment block and The lemon hub.
- : Lemon 29 updated the World Factbook entry in The apartment block.
- : Lemon 29 relocated from The lemon hub to The apartment block.
- : Lemon 29 founded the region The apartment block.
- : Lemon 29's influence in The lemon hub rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Lemon 29 altered its national flag.
- : Lemon 29's influence in The lemon hub fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".
- : Lemon 29's influence in The lemon hub fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- : Lemon 29's influence in The lemon hub fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".