The Swampy Socialist Union of Lelscrep is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Dagon with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.923 billion Lelscrepians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mire. The average income tax rate is 91.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Lelscrepian economy, worth 477 trillion muddy twigs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology. Average income is 96,973 muddy twigs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Thomas the Spank Engine is the most popular and controversial children's show in the nation, counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients, funerals are often rudely interrupted by juggling clowns shouting for volunteers from the audience, and the nation locks people up and tells them they're mad for compassion's sake. Crime is totally unknown. Lelscrep's national animal is the sludge, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lelscrep voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Scardino".
- : Lelscrep voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Military Death Penalty Ban".
- : Lelscrep was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Lelscrep voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Lelscrep voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Dilber".
- : Lelscrep voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Minineenee".
- : Lelscrep voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prohibition Of Honor-Based Violence".
- : Lelscrep was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Lelscrep voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Communist Bloc".
- : Lelscrep voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting the Rights of Labour Unions".
Endorsements Received: None.