The Republic of Legolannd is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President Technic with an even hand, and notable for its prohibition of alcohol, infamous sell-swords, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 1.469 billion Legolanndians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lego City. The average income tax rate is 28.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Legolanndian economy, worth 187 trillion Stud Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 127,740 Stud Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Bicyclists are banned from major roads, pallbearers at military funerals dive for cover when they hear the three-volley salute, the thin blue line is composed of picketing police officers demanding better pensions, and a cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Legolannd's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Legolannd voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Legolannd voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Legolannd voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"".
- : Legolannd's influence in The Grand Republicss rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Legolannd voted against the World Assembly Resolution " International Transportation Preclearance Act".
- : Legolannd was reclassified from "Right-wing Utopia" to "Capitalist Paradise".
- : Legolannd voted against the World Assembly Resolution "International Criminal Protocol".
- : Legolannd's influence in The Grand Republicss rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Following new legislation in Legolannd, a cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass.
- : Legolannd voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn ravana".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Patrakos.