The United Provinces of Legendus is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Gabriel McGowan with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 8.105 billion Legendians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large government prioritizes Education, with Law & Order, Healthcare, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Malkovro City. The average income tax rate is 74.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Legendese economy, worth 828 trillion compressed qubits a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 102,175 compressed qubits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Little League matches are often attended by riot police with water cannon... just in case, burial ceremonies have become as routinised as tax forms, captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship, and foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Legendus's national animal is the stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Legendus was endorsed by The Holy Empire of The Quiescent Platypus.
- : Legendus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Severisen".
- : Legendus endorsed The Holy Empire of The Quiescent Platypus.
- : Legendus voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Civil Defence Siren".
- : Legendus endorsed The Republic of Malicya.
- : Legendus voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Tobacco and Electronic Cigarettes"".
- : Legendus voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "defending the rights of sexual and gender minorities"".
- : Following new legislation in Legendus, foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election".
- : Following new legislation in Legendus, captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship.
- : Following new legislation in Legendus, burial ceremonies have become as routinised as tax forms.
Endorsements Received: 24 » The Salaxalans, Consigahria, Urran, Cornicopia, The Andromachean Entente, Zitrone, Jamocha, Exosis, Lux Lumin, The New Democratic Palestine, Dawnonia, Fausia, Gaelic Waffle, Subhurbia, Zemerniah, Matrixulated, Iceblade, Rogamark, Haremm, Phili Manuk, Dartle, Ivrim, Barev, and The Quiescent Platypus.