|Leader||Consul Lucius Cossinius|
The Imperial Republic of Legatia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Consul Lucius Cossinius with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, devout population of 18.705 billion Legatians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt morass — prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Healthcare, and Education are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Augusta. The average income tax rate is 92.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Legatian economy, worth a remarkable 1,726 trillion Denariis a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 92,301 Denariis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
School plays were recently banned due to concerns of child endangerment, attempted suicide is punishable by public hanging, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed, and discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Legatia's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Undesignated.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Legatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Legatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Legatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Legatia applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Legatia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Legatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Legatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Legatia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Legatia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Legatia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".