|Leader||Consul Lucius Cossinius|
The Imperial Republic of Legatia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Consul Lucius Cossinius with an even hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, devout population of 16.843 billion Legatians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt morass — prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Augusta. The average income tax rate is 92.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Legatian economy, worth a remarkable 1,558 trillion Denariis a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 92,538 Denariis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
School plays were recently banned due to concerns of child endangerment, attempted suicide is punishable by public hanging, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed, and discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Legatia's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Undesignated.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Legatia was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Legatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Legatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Legatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Legatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Legatia was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Legatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Legatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations and the Top 10% for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Legatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Legatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
Endorsements Received: None.