|Leader||President Anatole Apraxin|
The Federation of Leasath is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Anatole Apraxin with a fair hand, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, public floggings, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 26.69 billion Seredinians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The relatively small, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zolodolina. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 13.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Seredinian economy, worth a remarkable 4,407 trillion tochkas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 165,142 tochkas, with the richest citizens earning 7.8 times as much as the poorest.
Statue-sitting has replaced the stake-out as the dullest form of police duty, the country's population is reported with a margin of error of several billions, commemorative mugs remembering last year's Black Friday Crockery Riots are a best seller this year, and hordes of unemployed lumberjacks have resorted to cutting down utility poles to satisfy their cravings. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Leasath's national animal is the grey wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Central Orthodoxy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Leasath voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Personal Privacy".
- : Leasath voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prohibit Private Prisons".
- : Leasath voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Prohibit Private Prisons".
- : Leasath's influence in Ajax fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Leasath's influence in Ajax rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Leasath endorsed The Pontifex Maximus of Benaajab.
- : Leasath was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Leasath applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Leasath changed its national faith to "Central Orthodoxy".
- : Leasath was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
Endorsements Received: None.