|Currency||Gold Lined Coins|
The Confederacy of Layem is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Chief Minister with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, complete absence of social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 6.293 billion Citizens enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Galloway. The average income tax rate is 64.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Layemian economy, worth 274 trillion Gold Lined Coins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 43,611 Gold Lined Coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, the statue in the Berlusconi Plaza has a solar panel for a hat, and drill sergeants yell in the ears of bespectacled nerds in cybermilitary "reboot camps". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Layem's national animal is the Sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Layem lodged a message on the Confederacy of Layem Regional Message Board.
- : Layem lost the endorsement of The Rogue Nation of Dunkirlothesia.
- : Layem lost the endorsement of The 3rd United Socialist States of Baaas.
- : Layem lost the endorsement of The Acadian Union of Phillippeland.
- : Layem lost the endorsement of The Armed Republic of Swedezterland.
- : Layem updated the World Factbook entry in Confederacy of Layem.
- : Layem lost the endorsement of The Constitutional Empire of Benderk.
- : Layem lost the endorsement of The Empire of Peanu-Butteria.
- : Layem endorsed The Democratic States of Yurketia.
- : Layem endorsed The Constitutional Empire of Benderk.
Endorsements Received: 32 » The Japanese states, Renaissancestantinople, Stephaniesland, Diand, Yatexia, Jesseastan, New Amria, Muttartia, Massechusetts, LIFEEEEE, Yaksochi, The Final Sith Order, Basically Mini America, Posies, Milifoni, Narticol, The United Republic of America, Confederated Canada, New Harare, Olylandy, Vultuca, South Acren, Lardian kampf, Lemon Empire of Voidiar, FireFox15, Emmunceistan, Osardaea, Tsarvakia, Nexus Sierra, The Medron Enclave, Eretnid, and Wild Goatmen.