|Leader||God-Emperor Olivier de Laurent|
The Holy Empire of Laurennia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by God-Emperor Olivier de Laurent with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.212 billion Laurennians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Laurenbourg. The average income tax rate is 87.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Laurennian economy, worth 361 trillion Laurins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 112,504 Laurins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Organ donation is compulsory, the government supplies ragtag bands of resistance fighters in exchange for vague promises of future payment, if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it... Laurennian satellites can detect it, and billion-Laurin sentient AI killbots roll through the streets dispensing hot dogs and T-shirts. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Laurennia's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Merlangelism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Laurennia was endorsed by The Confederacy of New Jakobly.
- : Following new legislation in Laurennia, billion-Laurin sentient AI killbots roll through the streets dispensing hot dogs and T-shirts.
- : Following new legislation in Laurennia, if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it... Laurennian satellites can detect it.
- : Laurennia was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Calponia.
- : Laurennia was endorsed by The EMPIRE of HAVENLY MARK.
- : Laurennia was endorsed by The Republic of North Ursania.
- : Laurennia endorsed The Republic of North Ursania.
- : Laurennia endorsed The EMPIRE of HAVENLY MARK.
- : Laurennia endorsed The Pacific Republic of WashingtonState.
- : Laurennia endorsed The Republic of Global Democratic Union.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Ravennog, The 3rd Swedish Empire, Gorzi, Ormantum, Pac Viridion, Josephtan, Spiceamia, Bietzopolis, The Evile Empire, Marinne, United Soviet States of Russian Empire, San Guglielmo, Kingdom of Montana, Angea, O-BrokiPuppet, Tyranogorgon, Mjopolis, The Traditional States, Big Boys Woolies, New Cesorion, Geektopia, AICTAIY, New Suternia, Runegeist, New Zatanga, Cheesecakeastan, Baconbacon123, Reformed Badad, Laureland, Nordenfriedland, Reatilber Soclistice, Gliesetonia, Negra Modelo, Ierna, Opek, Violet Hedgehog, Svea-Noregr, Zeckiya, Dependants, Yeetopolus, Vidor, Salanernterthwazva, Nikosan, The X territories, Tokiff, Empire of Bentopia, Hidden the Artic, Hevesester, Vetoland, Nordisle, and 9 others.Equinoctial States, Ventus Prime, Andravilland, Federated anarchic communes, Obliquity, Dimokratikos Enclave, North Ursania, Calponia, and New Jakobly.